Singing Owl at RevGals describes it well: “Here in snow country we are settled in to what is a very long stretch of potentially boring days. The holidays are over. It is a very long time till we will get outside on a regular basis. The snow that seemed so beautiful at first is now dirty and the snow banks are piling up. Our vehicles are all the same shade of brownish grey, but if we go to the car wash our doors will freeze shut. People get grumpy. Of course, not everyone lives in a cold climate, but even in warmer places the days till springtime can get long. Help! Please give us five suggestions for combating cabin fever and staying cheerful in our monochromatic world?”
1) A former acupuncturist told me of this delightful, warming tea: Pour boiling water over an inch long peeled piece of ginger root, add honey to sweeten and steep to desired strength. It seems to warm me right to the core. Mmmmm…
2) Of course Hot Chocolate is another antidote for cold wintry days and nights. With marshmallows.
3) Indulge a bit and buy some fresh flowers. I’ve found that small lilies will last almost 10 days so it always feels like $4.00 well spent.
4) Feeding the birds and then enjoying their bright colors and fun antics in the snow.
5) Enjoying a fire in the fireplace. Now, if just had a fireplace to sit in front of…
Submitted under the warm comfort of a quilt while wearing a turtleneck sweater under a wool sweater along with long johns and 2 pairs of socks under my jeans.